Monday 20 July 2009

Homicidal Vs. The Blood Beast Terror

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W002CnqpE40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpBYBeErFes

So, one night in...maybe 1975 or 76...I begged my Mum to let me stay up and watch a horror film. The film showing on (I think) Yorkshire TV's "Appointment with Fear" segment was William Castle's Homicidal - a rip off of Psycho. We started watching it and then at about 11:00 PM my Dad came home...

"What are you doing?" he asked.
"Watching a horror film," we replied.
"This isn't a horror movie - it's some rubbishy thriller - a rip off of Psycho." He checks the newspaper listings. "There's a horror film on the Midlands TV (our other ITV channel) - It's the Blood Beast Terror."

He insisted that we switch over...it was from about the point you see in the You Tube clip...but within fifteen minutes he was asleep. Mum got up and changed the channel back to Yorkshire so we could watch the end of Homicidal (see other clip).

To this day, I'm not sure I've ever seen either film all the way through...this was my second successful attempt to 'beg to see a horror movie' the other being a [few] weeks earlier...not really sure of the timescales after all this time when I managed to see the vastly superior and infinitely more frightening "Brides of Dracula."

No comments:

Post a Comment